These posts are meant to provide motivation & optimism for any goal big or small. I’m not sure about y’all, but I could use extra motivation these past couple of weeks. With the resurgence of COVID and the struggles that come with, I’ve been thinking of ways to gain energy and stay focused in these unprecedented times.
- Back to the Basics – Brene Brown shares her “gap plan” on her March 27th episode of her podcast Unlocking Us. The gap plan is meant to get her & her family back to 100% and is centered around getting your basic needs met so you can recharge.
- Sleep – prioritize sleep (easier said than done) when you’re feeling rundown
- Move Your Body – the body is where we store anxiety and I find that prioritizing my daily workout is the best reset for my energy level and mood (even if it’s just 20 minutes)
- Eating Well – fill up on the good stuff
- Small Changes – I love referencing this because it’s so darn easy. Small changes like making your bed every morning help you feel more accomplished and ready to take on the next (maybe bigger) task on your to-do list.
- Recharge by Doing Good to Feel Good – in episode 282 of Happier, Gretchen Rubin talks about giving back to feel more energized. Stepping outside of yourself can be so grounding. She references small ways you can make a big difference like making an introduction that would help a friend. Finding small ways to help others can provide energy to focus on your goals.
Lately, motivation and energy can be tough to come by. I find that by sticking to fundamentals & gaining perspective, I have more energy to devote to goals I’ve set for myself.